Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vogue 8123 Muslin & Alice & Wonderland dress








I'm working on my mother of the bride outfit for Judy's wedding. I'm making a suit using black with blue flecks boucle from fabric.com. I used Vogue 8123 in a size 22 at shoulders and arms but sized out the sides to fit all my additional girth. I did a high round adjustment and shortened the sleeves 3" since I'm only 5' 3 3/4" inches and have short arms and of course did a full bust adjustment and added a dart. I'm pleased with the fit and it's a super easy pattern. I'm going to add a lining and I'll fuse knit interfacing to the boucle. I'm nervous it will be to warm since it's far from cold in Texas in November. But hopefully with the wedding in the evening it won't be to warm. It's 88 today so still warm down here. I really like this pattern and will make the other versions. And this is the dress I made for Emma who likes Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. It's
recycled t-shirt pattern
from you can make this.I bought a junior women's shirt and cut it up for top of dress, scraps from a top for myself for the sleeves and trim and used some random shiny hot blue fabric for skirt. The skirt material isn't wearing well so will probably have to replace skirt but it sure is fun.

6 comments:

  1. I love this pattern, and you do have a great fit. The fabric is so very pretty too :)

    The recycled dress looks wonderful and she looks very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket will be so pretty for the wedding. Great job recycling the shirt, very cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that pattern, love that pattern but have not yet made that pattern! Looks like you have a really nice fit. The fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pattern and very flattering style. I did think before reading the post that this was the fashion fabric you had chosen. Definitely not for a floral but will look great in boucle. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Emma's dress! Too, too cute.. and her little poses are to die for!

    I'm so happy you got such a good fit the first time around. woo hoo!

    On to the wedding dress... right?

    ReplyDelete